DWI ATTORNEY BLOGS
Search Warrants - Blood from the unconscious
The Fourth Amendment generally requires one to obtain a warrant for a blood draw, yet police could rely on the exigent-circumstances exception to the warrant requirement and obtain the test.
Minnesota passes ‘hands-free’ law
Beginning August 1, 2019, it will be illegal for motorists in Minnesota to hold phones and dial numbers with their hands while driving.
DWI forfeiture law Unconstitutional
Minnesota DWI Vehicle Forfeiture law was deemed unconstitutional for an owner of a car who was not the driver of her car at the time of DWI.
Cold weather can cause problems with your ignition interlock device
If you’ve been charged with DWI, an ignition interlock device is an option that may be available and allow you to drive while your license is in limbo. But freezing temperatures can interfere with the device’s ability to function.
DWI and the ‘100 deadliest days on Minnesota roads’
More DWI arrests and traffic deaths occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day than any other time of year on Minnesota’s roads.
A second chance for those convicted of blood or urine test refusal?
A recent Minnesota Supreme Court opinion may offer a second chance to drivers who refused to submit to a warrantless blood or urine test and were then convicted under the test refusal statute, Minn. Stat. 169A.20, subd. 2.
- Hire An Experienced DWI / DUI Attorney
- What to know about public defenders
- Protect Your Rights Against A DUI / DWI
- Mistakes people make after being arrested
- 53 DWI Laws & Case Tips
- Criminal/Administrative Penalties for DWI
- Minnesota Ignition Interlock Program
- Tips for Hiring a DWI/DUI Lawyer
- 14 Most Common Police Mistakes
- What Can You Do to Save Your License?
- What Happens After A DWI Arrest?
- Top 10 Mistakes Lawyers Make
- Minnesota's "Implied Consent" law
- Online Drink Wheel BrAC Calculator
- Elements of the Crime