Children Issues

General Family Law

Contempt of Court in Seattle

Providing Attorney Representation in Seattle, WA since 1991

After a divorce decree is entered, issues may arise regarding a party's compliance with the terms of the court order. Often those issues have to do with child visitation, child support, and spousal maintenance. You do not need to go without seeing your child or go without money while the other party violates a court order. It is possible to force compliance with court orders by seeking an action to find the other party in contempt of court. If the court finds that the other party knowing violated a court order and had the means to comply with the order, then the court may order compliance with the previous order and sanctions for failing to comply in the first place.

Contact our Seattle Divorce Attorney today and get your case reviewed

  • Contact Seattle Divorce Lawyer V. Freitas